My
My
My good friend, Henri, gave me this book for Christmas. It was a fantastic book!
After spending a day at the Spanish Riding School when I visited Vienna, the story was made even more powerful. What the people of Europe suffered, and did to survive, and what the USA Greatest Generation did, never ceases to amaze me. I recommend this book. You don't have to have visited the Spanish Riding School to find the story well written, entertaining, suspenseful, and educational.
]
My photos
The courtyard of the Spanish Riding School
The gift shop, but I could not afford one of these
Each horse's name is a combination of its sire and dam.
Each stallion has its own dress saddle and bridle
and exercise saddle and bridle.
The tack room
Riders do not groom or saddle their horses. That is done by grooms.
Each rider may have two to four horses that
he or she rides, and rides only those horses.
The rider and horse form a lifetime partnership.
We were prohibited from photographing the horses in their stalls,
but it was ok to photograph the "barn" cat. Several live there helping
maintain sanitary conditions.
I watched the morning exercises here,
but could not photograph or video the horses.
Anyone in their early twenties can become a rider.
One does not have to have riding skills. The qualifications are:
Speak German, have an affinity with horses, and have the patience
to learn and work hard. You will be grooming and
mucking stalls at the beginning.

















No comments:
Post a Comment