Wednesday, February 21, 2018

DAYS


the days
they are lengthening
the sun lingers
the setting reddens
and my soul longs
for the days

I once had
love 
during the days
they passed
and that time
ended

the emptiness 
of
the loneliness 
but now
ascending
I hope for
the days

with clouds
breaking
we will meet
and 
the sun
will rise on
the days
________________________________________________
Last evening I sat in a cafe waiting for a friend. Looking out the window, listening to Patrick Wolf sing his beautiful song, "The Days," I noticed that the sun had not set and realized springtime was near.  Thank you Patrick, your song is beautiful, and it inspired me to capture my coming spring with the poem above.  It is not as original as yours, but it hopefully complements yours, but with a twist of not passing but coming.


3 comments:

  1. I love your poetry, Ed. Such a glimpse into the thoughts of my wonderful brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed,
    Nice to hear from you and be informed of your new blog. I, too, started a blog at thoughtsofazealot.blogspot.com. My posts will be personal with my poems and art work, but I will also include some political/religious thoughts. I am a work in progress.
    Let's get together at Panera some morning.

    ReplyDelete