A Beautiful Day Hiking
Catoctin National Park
February 21, 2018
When Beau and I left around 10:30 heading to the mountains, the temperature was 71 degrees. At the head of the trail it was 73. We hiked the orange trail to Hog Rock, 4.6 miles round trip with a climb of 700 feet. As we drove home the temperature on the car's dashboard stated it was 83 degrees. With the gentle breeze and Beau getting to relax in the stream (I was tempted to strip and join him as there were only a couple of hikers encountered, but what might the rangers say when the report to them was that some crazy, old, naked man is in the woods?), the heat in the end did not matter. We were blessed with a gorgeous day.
The view from Hog Rock
Making charcoal
While the earth is darker
I could not see that it is as dark as charcoal











No comments:
Post a Comment